2018 Young Leather Scientist Grant -Leather Research Grant Announced by IULTCS -
The Executive Committee of the IULTCS is pleased to launch the 2018 Young Leather Scientist Grant. This prestigious grant is to be awarded to a young ...
June 2017 Newsletter -
Click here to download the June 2017 Newsletter from UK leather.>...
Pittars to open first shop -
Visitors to Clarks Village will see something new this morning as the hoardings go up announcing Pittards first standalone and outlet store. Scheduled...
Become a member of UKLF
UKLF welcome full members and associate members. Full membership is appropriate for those companies directly involved in the manufacture of leather, whereas associate membership is reserved for associated industries and services.
Benefits of Membership
UK Leather Federation is the representative body for the UK Leather Industry and offers a respected and authorative route to government, the European Commission and enforecement agencies, such as the Environment Agency.
- influences the development of legislation affecting the industry
- discusses and where appropriate, tries to modify the way legislation is implemented
- in emergency situations - such as the BSE and Foot and Mouth Disease crises - represents the needs of the industry to government, resolves problems and provides an authoritative two-way route for the flow of information
- uses membership of the CBI and COTANCE, the European Tanners Association and collaboration with other trade associations, such as the UKFT and BFA, to broaden and add strength to its own representations in the UK and Europe
- has input into key industry standards, such as the key definitions for terminology in the leather trade
UKLF provides an information and enquiry service on issues affecting the industry. Information is disseminated through regular updates by circular, newsletter and in response to individual member enquiries. Issues covered include:
- environmental legislation
- import, export and general trade matters
- raw material issues concerning supply, quality and price trends
- health and safety
- economic, market, and employment statistics
UKLF members are entitled to:
- membership of the Leather Sector Climate Change Agreement (subject to eligibility) - to date, participants have made combined savings of nearly £250,000 from reductions in their Climate Change Levy bills
- an entry on the UK Leather website Leather Sourcing Directory
- advice and assistance on all aspects of marketing and trading UK leather, including import and export certification of hides, skins and leather
If you are interested in membership of UKLF, please complete the form below. Alterniatively, contact us directly by telephone - +44(0)1604 679999 - or email - email@example.com